Thursday 6 July 2017

Revenge Eating


Whenever I am recovering from a certain something - flu, fever or whatever, the first sign of recovery is the return of my appetite. I never say no to food and losing my appetite is something that rarely ever happens.

So this recent bout with flu was no different. When I was sick, even chocolate chip cookies looked so tasteless and unappealing. I couldn't stomach anything. Food was the last thing on my mind. Hah!

But as I got better..... the first thing I craved for was a burger. Of all things. And it had to the the Spiced Chicken Burger from Patissez


My stomach was doing a grrr...grrr...grrrr.... right from morning. In the office I impatiently waited for someone who was inspecting some records to clear off. Faster lah, bro! So slow lah this fella. Heh! 

Then I made my way to Patissez and placed my order. I remember these people serve water but they never gave me any though I mentioned it when ordering my burger. I know, I could have asked.

When my burger arrived, ah.....I took my first bite and it was bliss. Chomp...chomp....chomp... Once I was done, I attacked the fries. That was a great lunch. But.........

I experienced something shortly after that. A sudden drop in energy level and a crashing feeling of tiredness. It was awful. I don't know why. Too much carbs?

It stayed like that for a while and back in the office, I was feeling really sleepy. What an anti-climax. Punishment for overeating? Perhaps.

The next day, my appetite said adios again. Haiz...

28 comments:

  1. Hi Phong Hong, good to see in back in action. Go slow ley....no need to go for revenge eating. Eat too full can feel tired and sleepy.
    Drink plenty of water and take fruits.

    Take care, regards.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia! You are right. I should have know better hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. oh no! here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery so you can resume eating without worries! that burger does look very tempting ... i'd have devoured everything on that plate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean! My appetite is back full force hah..hah..

      Delete
  3. Alamak.

    Hope you regain your appetite again soon.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lina, now worries. My appetite is now working overtime hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. Awesome looking burger! I'm different from everybody else. People say they have no appetite when they are sick but in my case, I would eat more. It's like I need the food for the strength and people lose weight when sick...whereas I would put on more. Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahahaha!! That is really strange but at least the positive side is that you are getting your nutrients while recovering, whereas the rest of us get washed out due to lack of nourishment.

      Delete
  5. I think it was too soon for you to be eating something like that. This is what happens if you have not recovered fully. That kind of eating will set you back. If I'm on the road to recovery, I'd usually stick with something soupy until I'm 100%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Kris. I should have known better but the craving was too strong hah..hah.. I just couldn't face soup or porridge :(

      Delete
  6. Wah seems like a big portion to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it!! You could have invited me to chomp chomp chomp with you. All would be recovered and healed instantly. Seeing my face would happily resurrect even the dead zombies. Next time eat porridge to be kind to your body. Age is just a number but our health always tally with our age!!

    #ChomPH #GreedyPH #PH&TMakan #GetWellPH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sharing the burger and fries would have done me some good hee..hee... I am OK now. Eating and eating and eating :D

      Delete
  8. Oh dear.. maybe the fried french fries caused the "damage"... Slow and steady, girl.. perhaps start with white porridge first? :) Anyway, hope you are feeling much much better now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am better now, thanks Claire! I just had to satisfy a craving though it set me back :(

      Delete
  9. Maybe the foods is heaty? Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tiredness you felt after a full meal could be caused by your blood sugar level. If you are concerned about it please have it checked. Hope you feel better and regain your appetite after that fatigue episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt better the next day, Mun. Thanks for your concern. Then I ate and ate again. wahahahaha!!

      Delete
  11. I kind of agree with Contact ewew's comment, just like when I just recovered from my cough, if I eat curry again, it sets me back to my cough again :(

    But I hope you are ok

    What is the sauce besides the burger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, Libby :) I should have started slow and steady. I am OK now, thanks. The sauce is a mix of mayo and chili sauce I think.

      Delete
  12. Ha ha...Phong Hong, you made me laugh when you chomp, chomp, chomp on your burger. You are so cute! Same with me, great appetite means full recovery. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. I am back eating with full force!

      Delete
  13. Me also, kalo demam, makan is not in my list, just tido right, tido smp penat, haha.

    Lama dah tk makan beger, takut to much kolestrol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sekali-sekala makan burger OK, kot :)

      Delete
  14. I'm interested to that dipping on your plate actually, what is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is mayo+chili sauce. It's quite nice.

      Delete