Wednesday 29 November 2017

What?? Big Breakfast Again???


This is another outing with my parents. Initially we planned to visit 2nd Floor Kitchen & Bar@TTDI because I was so impressed after reading Kris' review. But alas, we could not get parking even after going a few rounds. So we gave up.

We had to settle for the next alternative. Three Little Pigs & The Big Bad Wolf@Tropicana City Mall. My brother and I have been there before for a Chinese New Year meet up with our other brother and his family.

Just days before this, my brother sent me a text telling me that he revisited and enjoyed the big breakfast so much more than he did during that meet up. Well, that got me curious. 


We got there past 12pm and thankfully the place was quiet (good for us but not so good for the restaurant hah...hah...). I already had my mind made up (so did my brother, he loved the big breakfast so much and wanted it again) but my parents had a tough time deciding what to eat.

My dad found it confusing reading through the many many items in the menu. My mum asked for a suggestion and I picked the pork chops for her.

I wanted to get my dad a spaghetti aglio olio but my mum was not convinced that there is no cheese in the pasta. So to make things easy, I got my dad the big breakfast.


This is the aptly named big breakfast, the I'm So Hungry I could Eat a Wolf (maybe it should be pig).


My brother was so hungry he got himself an extra sausage.


This is my mum's Just Another Pork Steak. I tried a small piece and I thought it was very nice.


The restaurant has a buy-one-get-one-free coffee (stated on the menu). So my mum and my brother had the Cafe Latte. Since I also wanted coffee (Iced Coffee), my brother ended up with another cup of coffee, which I believe he did not mind.


I noticed my dad passing on some bacon to my mum. He also passed her the baked beans which he claimed was spicy (mine wasn't). 


My dad wanted something with lime but there wasn't any. So I got him the Iced Lemon Tea.


We were stuffed and could not take advantage of the buy-one-free-one cake promotion. I quite like the food here. Not top notch but good enough. Besides, the location is convenient for my brother and I.

30 comments:

  1. Ah so your father does not eat cheese too! I have not been to any of this franchise so maybe it is time to go for my spouse to try the big breakfast. Would be nicer if they put some spinach or other green salad on the plate too. Ah, I must utilise the cake offer, can't believe you and your brother are too full for cakes since you both are big eaters so it must mean the big breakfast must be so very filling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must bring your hubby there for a makan. Quite worth it the one for one coffee and cakes.

      Delete
  2. Hey, you didn't invite me to dine at 2nd Floor!! That's why no parking for you. Muahahahaha!!! @evils laughs@ You should have parked at the 2 huge ample parking lots at the street behind 2nd Floor restaurant. They both face RHB bank and A&W for only RM3 per hour.

    That big breakfast is so mighty huge and yummy! Your tangki is not bigger than DBKL truck but you telan habis! Amazing and wonderful family you have. When can I meet your Bonda Permaisuri? I promise to behave my best polished Thai manners and not utter nonsense to scare her. Wakakakaka

    #PadanMukaNoParking. #DBKLbigBreakfast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah so evil hah..hah... We did not want to park too far because of our parents. My mum would love to meet you too and see who is this funny fella :D

      Delete
  3. I want to learn how to do latte art like that! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best bila dapat ngopi2 bersama keluarga kan PH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahhhh kenduri anak beranak ye nampaknya haha....
    Yang penting semua pun happy ye LL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya,Hainom. Semua perut kenyang dan happy :)

      Delete
  6. You guys must really love big breakfasts until all three of you ordered the same thing...haha! :D You really must get down to making it at home since you love it so much. It's so easy to make coz all you need is to get the commercially prepared ingredients like bacon, sausages, hash brown and baked beans...and voila...you can enjoy a deliciously cheap-er BB at home.

    How time flies...I wrote about this place when I first started my blog back in Dec 2013! O_o There's one nearer to me now in Pavilion but this is not a fav spot of mine but my son do love their aglio olio with roast pork and smoked bacon though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..but it is so much better having someone make the BB for you hee..hee... Yes, I got to know about this place from you post!

      Delete
    2. OMG, you read my posts as far back as 2013! I'm shell-shocked O_o Or was it just by chance? Hehe :D

      Delete
    3. Just so you know, I read all your posts. hahahahaha!!!

      Delete
  7. When we get to meet, we see who is a big eater, ok? Kaka...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can hah..hah.. can have an eating competition.

      Delete
  8. Somehow I am not into sausages that look like this, too smooth and clean-looking like those supermarket ones. The bacon looks great. No ham, the whole works for your BIG breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ham, I'm afraid but what was on the plate was already so filling.

      Delete
  9. Wahaha. I like that. The I am so hungry I could eat a wolf. Not the usual "horse" huh? ^^

    Cute piggie coffee art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... But I won't want to eat a wolf or a horse :D

      Delete
  10. I've tried their sausages, indeed a very tasty version with juicy and firm texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would happily pluck the bacon and runny yolks from your big breakfast platter :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The I am so hungry I could eat a wolf reminds me of the question: Why am I always hungry because I am always hungry! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wah! I would love the have the big breakfast! Ha ha..the coffee with the oink oink face is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed how they do the coffee art!

      Delete
  14. I like big breakfast!!! Hashbrown, sausage and sunny side up egg is a must for me when it comes to English breakfast!

    ReplyDelete